If you ever dream of hiking and camping in a real-life version of your favorite storybook, then look no further than Bahubali Hills Udaipur. This picturesque destination is the perfect spot for adventurers looking to explore some stunning scenery with an adventure they won’t soon forget!
With unique rock formations, lush green valleys, and amazing landscapes waiting to be discovered, the Bahubali Hills are sure to have something for everyone. From experienced campers to families just getting started on their adventures in nature – this guide will help ensure that everyone can enjoy all that Udaipur has to offer and make memories that will last a lifetime!
Table of Contents
What is Bahubali Hills Famous For?
Bahubali Hills Udaipur is famous for its spectacular natural landscapes, unique rock formations, and diverse wildlife. It’s known for being a great destination to hike and camp but also offers plenty of other activities such as bird watching, paragliding, boating, and more.
The unique rock formations in Bahubali Hills are one of the main attractions. From huge boulders to oddly shaped rocks, there are plenty of fascinating spots to explore. There are numerous fascinating archeological sites nearby, including an old fort from the ninth century.
The hills are home to a wide range of birds and animals, making them abundant in fauna. Aside from uncommon creatures like the golden jackal and leopard, keep an eye out for monkeys, deer, and other small primates.
Last but not least, Bahubali Hills is home to some magnificent lagoons that provide a ton of options for boating, fishing, and swimming. Additionally, there are other picnic spots close by where you may get together with loved ones to enjoy nature.
Why Bahubali Hills is a Must-Visit for Nature Enthusiasts
Udaipur, located in the colorful state of Rajasthan, is a city famous for its ancient royal stories, beautiful buildings, and charming lakes. There is a special green location not far from the city that many nature enthusiasts from all over the world like visiting. This place is called the peaceful and beautiful Bahubali Hills.
The Quiet Beauty of Bahubali Hills
Bahubali Hills is a place that’s far from noisy city life. It’s like a quiet, peaceful spot in the middle of natural beauty. Think about a large area full of green trees and tough, jagged rocks. The hills are made even better with a cool breeze and a wonderful view of Badi Lake.
You can see the sky turn pink and orange in the morning as the sun slowly emerges from the hills. This site is so beautiful that it can make anyone love sunrise. When night comes, the stars light up the sky and reflect in the still lake, making it a perfect place to sit quietly around a campfire. For those who love to take pictures, the hills offer many beautiful scenes to capture.
The Exciting Adventure of Exploring Bahubali Hills
The Bahubali Hills are not just about the peaceful beauty. It also offers visitors the excitement of exploring. It is more greener and more interesting in the hills because they are home to a wide variety of plants and animals.
As you start your hike, you’ll hear the sound of leaves from dhok and salar trees – trees that are special to this area. These trees provide shade and a home for many different animals. You might see monkeys jumping from one tree to another, or a special kind of deer hiding behind the bushes. Bird watchers will love it here too, with unique birds like the Indian Grey Hornbill and the Asian Paradise Flycatcher flying around.
Therefore, Bahubali Hills has something special for everyone, whether they love the outdoors, adventure, or capturing images of animals.
Planning Your Trip to Bahubali Hills Udaipur
Planning a trip to Bahubali Hills Udaipur requires some advanced preparation, but it is worth the effort. So, We’ll look at below, how to choose the ideal time to travel and what to bring with you on your vacation.
Deciding the Best Time to Visit
Knowing when to visit Bahubali Hills is important. Your enjoyment of your journey will depend a lot on the weather. October through March are the most suitable months to travel. During these months, the weather in Udaipur is cool and pleasant. This means you can hike and explore the hills without feeling too hot.
You should avoid the summer months from April to June because it can get very hot in Rajasthan, making hiking difficult. The rainy season from July to September might not be the best time either as the paths can get slippery, making hiking a bit risky.
Essential Packing List for Hiking and Camping
Now, let’s talk about what you should take with you to Bahubali Hills. Packing the right things will help you stay comfortable and safe during your trip.
1. Clothing: Pack lightweight clothes for the day and warmer ones for cooler nights. Don’t forget a rain jacket and hats or caps to protect you from the sun and rain.
2. Footwear: It’s important to have comfortable, sturdy shoes for hiking. They’ll protect your feet from sharp rocks and help you keep your balance on uneven paths.
3. Food and Water: Pack enough snacks and water for your hike. Also, take some extra food for your camping night.
4. Camping Gear: If you plan to camp then bring a sleeping bag, a tent, and a small pillow. A flashlight is also necessary for the night.
5. First Aid Kit: A small kit with band-aids, antiseptic cream, and any personal medicines is a must. You can use this to treat any minor wounds you might sustain while trekking.
6. Map and Compass: These will help you find your way around the hills. Also, it can be a fun way to learn about directions!
7. Trash Bags: Remember to keep the hills clean by packing all your trash and taking it with you when you leave.
Beginning Your Hike: Tips and Tricks
Hiking through this stunning area is one of the greatest ways to explore it. Though it can be quite enjoyable, hiking can sometimes be exhausting. Don’t worry, though! You can learn how to balance yourself and prepare for your hike with the advice in the following tips and tricks. So you can take pleasure in your experience without being overly tired.
Preparing for the Hike
It’s important to be prepared before beginning your hike. You must perform the following:
1. Warm-up: Just like you do before playing a sport, you need to warm up your body before a hike. Do some light exercises like stretching or jogging in place for a few minutes.
2. Plan your route: Choose the path of travel after looking at a map of the surrounding hills. Selecting a route that is appropriate for your level of fitness is a smart idea. If this is your first time hiking, choose an easier path.
3. Eat a healthy meal: Have a good breakfast before you start your hike. Foods that offer you a lot of energy include whole-grain bread, eggs, and bananas.
4. Stay hydrated: Before beginning your hike, consume lots of water, and continue to do so as you travel. You’ll feel refreshed and less feeling dizzy if you stay hydrated.
Setting the Right Pace: A Guide to Endurance Hiking
One important thing about hiking is setting the right pace. This means walking at a comfortable pace to ensure you can walk for a long time without becoming drained.
1. Start slow: When you begin your hike, start walking at a slow pace. This helps your body adjust to the physical activity.
2. Listen to your body: If you’re feeling tired, It’s good to go more slowly or take a break. Fun is the primary goal of the hike, not getting there as quickly as possible.
3. Breaks are important: Every once in a while, stop for a few minutes to rest. You can use this time to drink water, eat a snack, and enjoy the beautiful views.
4. Steady pace: Try to keep a steady pace throughout your hike. That means not walking too fast or too slow. A steady pace will help you save energy and enjoy the hike for a longer time.
Remember, hiking is about having fun and enjoying nature. So, prepare well, set the right pace, and most importantly, enjoy every moment of your adventure in Bahubali Hills Udaipur!
Living the Camp Life: Activities and Enjoyment
There’s a lot to do and enjoy when camping. Let’s see what activities can keep you busy, learn about safety and good camping manners, and even find out about some local food you can cook over a campfire.
Activities to Keep You Engaged
Camping doesn’t mean just sitting around. It is fun to do the following things:
1. Exploring: Go for a walk and explore the area around your campsite. You might find something interesting!
2. Bird Watching: Bahubali Hills is home to many different kinds of birds. You can spend time watching and learning about them.
3. Star Gazing: At night, look up at the sky. Without city lights, you’ll see many more stars. You can even try to find constellations!
4. Games: To play with your friends, bring some enjoyable games. Frisbee, cards, or even simple games like ‘I Spy’ can keep you entertained.
Safety Measures and Camping Etiquette
Staying safe and being a good camper is important. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Fire Safety: Always be careful with fire. Before you go to sleep or leave the camping, keep it away from your tent and put it out entirely.
2. Respect Nature: Don’t harm any plants or animals. Remember, we are guests in their homes.
3. Clean Up: Keep your campsite clean. Be sure to remove all trash before leaving and take it with you.
4. Noise Level: Keep the noise down, especially at night. You don’t want to disturb other campers or the animals living in the hills.
Enjoy Local Cuisine: Campfire Cooking Ideas
Camping food doesn’t have to be boring. In fact, you can cook some delicious local dishes over a campfire:
1. Roasted Corn: This is a popular street food in Rajasthan. Simply roast some corn over an open flame while seasoning it with salt and chili powder.
2. Vegetable Skewers: Simply roast some corn over the fire and season it with salt and chili pepper.
3. Roti and Sabzi: With a flat pan, you can make roti (Indian bread) on the fire. Pair it with some simple sabzi (cooked vegetables), and you have a full meal.
How to Reach Bahubali Hills
Bahubali Hills is located near Badi Lake, about 12 kilometers away from the city center of Udaipur.
- From Udaipur City Center, you can hire a taxi, or auto-rickshaw, or rent a scooter/bike to reach Bahubali Hills.
- Head towards Badi Lake via Badi-Badgaon Road.
- Continue on this road till you reach Badi Lake.
- Badi Lake is about a kilometer from Bahubali Hills. You can find a rough trail leading to the hills.
By Public Transport:
- There might not be direct public transport to Bahubali Hills. The closest you can get by public transportation is to Badi Lake. For this, you can take a local bus or shared auto-rickshaw.
- From Badi Lake, it is about a kilometer walk to the hills.
Please note that the path to Bahubali Hills might be a bit challenging, so wear appropriate shoes. Additionally, it’s a good idea to ask locals about road conditions and precise directions.
When it comes to camping at Bahubali Hills Udaipur, you can be sure of an adventure unlike any other. From star-gazing to enjoying local cuisine, this is a chance to explore the hills like never before. With these tips in mind, you’re all set for your next grand outing in Udaipur! Happy Camping!
Q. Is it safe to hike in Bahubali Hills?
Yes, it’s safe. However, be aware of your surroundings, stay on marked trails, and hike with others.
Q. Are there any animals in Bahubali Hills?
Yes, there are animals like langurs and sambar deer, and many different kinds of birds.
Q. Can I cook on a campfire in Bahubali Hills?
Yes, you can cook on a campfire, but remember to put it out completely before you leave or go to sleep.
Q. What are the safety considerations for hiking in Bahubali Hills?
Hikers should wear sturdy footwear, stay hydrated, stick to marked trails, and avoid hiking in extreme weather. A map, compass, and first-aid kit are essential for safety.
Q. How is the network coverage in Bahubali Hills for emergency situations?
Network coverage can be patchy in the hills. It’s advisable to inform someone about your hiking plans and expected return time for safety.
Q. Is it advisable to travel with children or senior citizens to Bahubali Hills?
Yes, but the journey and activities should be planned keeping in mind their comfort and safety. Easier trails should be chosen for hiking and regular rest periods ensured.