Welcome to the amazing and magical city of Jodhpur! It’s a place where old-fashioned beauty meets lively nighttime fun. In this article, we’ll discuss the 9 best places to visit in Jodhpur in night in the year 2023. Jodhpur is called the “Blue City” because its buildings are painted in a special blue color that looks really cool. After sunset, Jodhpur becomes even more fascinating with its rich history, culture, and activities.
When you look up at the sky, you’ll see sparkling stars above the grand Mehrangarh Fort. The city becomes alive with lots of energy and things happening everywhere. Nighttime in Jodhpur is truly magical and unlike anything else you’ve experienced. So, get ready to explore the best nightlife in Jodhpur!
Table of Contents
List of 9 Best Places to Visit in Jodhpur in Night To Explore The Nightlife
1. Mehrangarh Fort
If you’re in Jodhpur, make sure to visit Mehrangarh Fort at night. It’s a whole different experience when the fort is illuminated, giving a majestic and enchanting vibe. This magnificent fort has a rich historical significance that dates back to the 15th century.
It stands tall on a hill, guarding the city of Jodhpur, and its massive walls and intricate architecture will leave you in awe. When the sun sets and darkness takes over, the fort transforms into a magical wonderland. You can participate in nighttime activities like live music performances, traditional dance shows, and even get a taste of local cuisine at the various restaurants inside the fort.
The views from the fort at night are absolutely breathtaking! The captivating Jodhpur city lights will be visible as you look out over the area, creating dreamlike surroundings that will increase your attraction to the location. So, don’t miss the chance to visit Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur at night and experience the timeless beauty and enchantment it has to offer.
Activities: Sightseeing, photography, museum tour
Entry Fee: INR 100 for Indians, INR 600 for foreigners
2. Umaid Bhawan Palace
If you are in Jodhpur! You should definitely visit Umaid Bhawan Palace at night. It’s an amazing place! It looks like it came straight out of a fairy tale with its grand and fancy design. But the real magic happens when the sun goes down. The palace becomes even more charming and fun.
There are so many things to do at night, like trying delicious Rajasthani local food at restaurants or watching traditional dances. And the palace itself looks stunning with all the lights shining on it. The gardens around the palace are also beautiful at night. It’s an experience you shouldn’t miss if you ever go to Jodhpur.
Activities: Museum visit, sightseeing, photography
Entry Fee: INR 30 for Indians, INR 100 for foreigners
3. Ghantaghar (Clock Tower) and Sardar Market
If you want to have a fun and exciting time in Jodhpur, you should definitely go to the Clock Tower and Sardar Market in the evening. The market is very busy and full of colorful stalls, vibrant shops, and happy sellers.
When it gets dark, the market becomes even more exciting with bright lights and an energetic atmosphere. You can do some shopping at night and haggle with local sellers for traditional Rajasthani things like clothes, crafts, and souvenirs.
The street food here is amazing! You can try delicious snacks and local dishes that will make your taste buds very happy. And there’s more! The Clock Tower also has cultural shows and performances, which make the evening even more special. So, immerse yourself in the spirited atmosphere, look at all the colorful things, and make sure to have a great time in Jodhpur that you will never forget.
Activities: Shopping, food tasting, sightseeing
Entry Fee: No entry fee
4. Mandore Gardens
Mandore Gardens is a stunning place in Jodhpur that you absolutely have to check out at night! These historical gardens are a hidden gem, filled with beautiful temples, cenotaphs, and lush greenery. It’s at night that the magic really happens.
The gardens light up with a serene ambiance, creating a tranquil and enchanting atmosphere. They have these incredible light and sound shows that depict the history of Jodhpur. It is similar to going forward in time in a time machine.
The shows are not only informative but also really entertaining. You get to learn about the fascinating stories and legends associated with this royal city. It’s a unique and immersive experience that shouldn’t be missed. So, grab your friends and head over to Mandore Gardens in Jodhpur for a night you won’t soon forget!
Activities: Sightseeing, photography, history exploration
Entry Fee: No entry fee
5. Stepwell Square
If you’re looking for a unique and enchanting experience in Jodhpur, you have to visit Stepwell Square at night. Stepwells are traditional structures used to store and retrieve water in dry regions like Rajasthan. They are not only functional but also have a deep cultural significance.
Stepwell Square is a hub of activity once the sun sets. There are various nighttime activities and events that take place here, making it a thriving and lively spot. You can witness traditional dance performances, live music concerts, and even theatrical shows. The ambiance is further enhanced by the mesmerizing lights and soothing music that fills the air.
It is truly a serene and magical atmosphere that will captivate your senses. Walking around the square, surrounded by the stunning architecture of the stepwells and the warm glow of the lights, is an experience like no other. Stepwell Square in Jodhpur at night is an experience like no other, so make sure you don’t miss out on this one!
Activities: Sightseeing, photography
Entry Fee: No entry fee
6. Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park
If you ever visit the amazing city of Jodhpur, I’ve got the perfect suggestion for a night-time adventure. Imagine going to the Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park when the moon is shining brightly. This park is different from others because it’s in the dry desert.
And guess what? They have special tours at night! Isn’t that exciting? You can go on a thrilling journey with experts who know a lot about the park. They will show you amazing things that you can only see at night.
You might even see some animals that only come out when it’s dark. How cool is that? And there’s more! You will also get to see the beautiful stars in the desert sky. Just lie down, look up, and enjoy the peacefulness of the desert at night. I tell you that you will not want to miss that chance!
Activities: Trekking, flora exploration, sightseeing, photography
Entry Fee: INR 100 for Indians, INR 200 for foreigners
7. Walking the Blue City: Exploring Brahmapuri at Night
Let me tell you about this awesome place called Brahmapuri. It’s a really cool neighborhood that many tourists don’t know about. But, it’s worth visiting, especially at night. When the sunset, there are many beautiful places to explore.
It’s like a maze with narrow streets and colorful blue houses that are perfect for taking Instagram pictures. The photos you can take here are amazing. And if history and culture interest you, you will never be disappointed here. Brahmapuri has old temples and palaces that look magical at night.
And the street food is absolutely delicious. You won’t truly know the flavors of this city until you try the local specialties. From tasty samosas to sweet jalebis. So next time you’re up for an adventure, grab your camera and go to Brahmapuri in the night.
Activities: Walking tour, sightseeing, photography
Entry Fee: No entry fee, but guided tour charges may apply
8. Dine in at a Rooftop Restaurant
You’re in Jodhpur and you’re looking for a unique dining experience? Well, look no further because rooftop restaurants are where it’s at! You won’t find a more unique dining experience than at the rooftop restaurants in Jodhpur.
You may not only feel the delicious food that Jodhpur has to offer, but you can also take in beautiful views of the city. Imagine yourself enjoying a meal while sitting under an array of stars, surrounded by the city’s sparkling lights, and with the smell of spices filling the air.
It’s a romantic setting that just can’t be beaten. Rooftop restaurants are the way to go whether you’re seeking a romantic place to spend a special occasion or just want to enjoy a delicious meal while seeing Jodhpur at night. So why not try it out? You’ll be glad you did it!
Activities: Dining, enjoying views of the city
Entry Fee: Costs are subject to the restaurant and meal ordered
9. Balsamand Lake
If you want to have a relaxed evening away from the busy city, you should visit Balsamand Lake in Jodhpur at night. You can take a calm walk around the lake, go boating, or just enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. Even though it’s all man-made, it still looks amazing!
And don’t worry about getting hungry because there’s a great restaurant by the lake at Bal Samand Palace. They serve really delicious food. After you eat, take a moment to admire the palace itself. It looks like something from a fairy tale!
The whole experience is so relaxing and cool, it’s the perfect way to end your evening. So, if you’re in Jodhpur and want a nice place to hang out at night, Balsamand Lake and Bal Samand Palace are the places to be!
Activities: Sightseeing, picnic, photography, boating
Entry Fee: No entry fee for the lake but boating charges apply
General Tips for Night-time Exploration in Jodhpur
It’s important to remember a few things to make sure we have fun and stay safe.
– Safety Tips for Night-time Exploration in Jodhpur
Although Jodhpur City is quite safe, yet for more safety you can follow the tips given below:
- Stick to well-lit areas: When exploring at night, stick to well-lit streets and areas with a decent amount of activity. Avoid poorly lit or deserted areas, as they can be more prone to incidents.
- Travel in groups: It’s always advisable to explore at night with a group of people rather than going alone. This can enhance safety and deter potential risks.
- Keep your belongings secure: Be mindful of your personal belongings and keep them secure at all times. Avoid displaying expensive items or carrying large amounts of cash.
- Use reliable transportation: Opt for authorized taxis or reputable ride-hailing services like Uber or Ola for transportation at night. Avoid accepting rides from random strangers or unlicensed vehicles.
- Stay aware of your surroundings: Stay vigilant and aware of your surroundings at all times. Trust your instincts and if something feels off, it’s best to move to a safer area or seek assistance.
- Ask Adults: If you’re unsure about something, don’t hesitate to ask a grown-up.
– Local Customs and Etiquette
- Respect religious sites: When visiting temples or other religious sites, adhere to the customs and rules. Remove your footwear before entering, dress appropriately, and be respectful of any rituals or practices taking place.
- Greeting and addressing locals: Use polite greetings such as “Namaste” or “Sasriakal” when interacting with locals. Addressing them with respect and using honorifics like “ji” (e.g., “Namaste ji”) is considered courteous.
- Seek permission for photography: If you wish to take photographs of locals or religious sites, always seek permission beforehand. Some people may decline, and it’s important to respect their privacy and cultural values.
- Bargaining in markets: Bargaining is common in local markets, but do it with politeness and respect. Maintain a friendly attitude and negotiate in a fair manner without being overly aggressive.
– Preferred Mode of Transportation
- Auto-rickshaws: Auto-rickshaws are a popular mode of transportation in Jodhpur. They are readily available and relatively inexpensive. However, ensure the driver uses the meter or negotiates the fare before starting the journey.
- Taxis: Taxis can be hired for longer distances or if you prefer a more comfortable and private mode of transportation. Choose licensed taxis and insist on using the fare meter or agree on a price in advance.
- Walking: Jodhpur is a compact city, and many attractions are within walking distance of each other. Walking can be a great way to explore the city at a leisurely pace, especially in areas with heavy pedestrian activity.
- Public buses: Public buses are available for getting around Jodhpur, but they can be crowded and less frequent at night. It’s recommended to check the bus schedules in advance and be cautious of your surroundings while waiting for the bus.
- Uber/Ola: App-based ride-hailing services like Uber and Ola are also available in Jodhpur. They provide a convenient and safer option for transportation at any time of the day, including night-time exploration.
Remember, it’s always a good idea to check with locals or your accommodation for any specific safety concerns or transportation recommendations based on the current situation in Jodhpur.
If you are planning a visit to Jodhpur in 2023, do not miss the opportunity to experience the enchanting atmosphere of the city after sunset. Jodhpur offers a multitude of unique nighttime experiences that are not to be missed.
The city comes alive with vibrant colors and a lively atmosphere, making it the perfect place to explore after dark. From the mesmerizing view of the illuminated Mehrangarh Fort to the bustling markets and delicious street food, Jodhpur offers a magical experience like no other. So, venture out and immerse yourself in the charm and beauty of Jodhpur in the night, for memories that will last a lifetime.
Q. What is the best time to visit Jodhpur?
The best time to visit Jodhpur is during the winter, from October to March. The weather is cool and perfect for exploring!
Q. Is it safe to roam around Jodhpur at night?
Yes, Jodhpur is generally safe at night. But always stick to the safety tips we shared, like staying with your group.
Q. What are the must-try foods in Jodhpur?
Don’t miss trying out Pyaaz Kachori, Makhaniya Lassi, and the famous Rajasthani Thali when you’re in Jodhpur.
Q. What are some other night-time activities in Jodhpur that didn’t make the list?
You can also enjoy puppet shows, folk dance performances, and stargazing events at night in Jodhpur.